Thursday, May 13, 2010

Selling my Computer

I am going to do it. I am selling my desktop computer to whoever wants to buy it. The specs are as follows:

Processor : AMD Athlon X2 4200+ @ 2.2 GHz AM2 (ADO4200DDBOX)
Motherboard : MSI K9N4 SLI-F AM2 NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
Memory : 6GB DDR2 PC6400 @ 800 MHz (Yes, SIX GB)
Hard Drives : 1 x 250GB SATA, 1 x 60GB IDE
Video : 2x BFG (Product Specs here) in SLI Configuration
1 LG Monitor (17" CRT)


Other stuff
- Giving these away for free
1 keyboard (basic)
1 mouse (Optical)
1 set of stereo speakers

Windows XP will be installed + all latest drivers available

Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

If you don't know why I use 2 video cards, here's an explanation:
SLI is a technology which enables more than one video card (in this case 2, and in some cases 3 or 4) to provide its power to the application that needs it. Most of the time, what you do will not demand too much of these video cards, so it will be like using a katana to chop your vegetables. It doesn't require to be as sharp, but you do it anyway, because you have no other option. You used to be a samurai, but not any more.... Well enough of that. Back to business. If and once you disable SLI, you will be able to use the video cards to display stuff on up to 4 monitors. (This is super cool. I used to have three monitors at one time, but one of them was broken, one I sold and the other one is for sale (see above))

Beware, though, once you get used to 2 or more monitors, you will find it hard to work with one again.

My phone number is +94773022391 and you can comment on this blog if you want the computer. I will sell it only as a whole and I will not quote the price here. You want a price, you call me. :)

No comments: