Thursday, June 18, 2009

The human condition.

Have you ever stopped to wonder how diverse human beings are? I started thinking about this while in the bus, and this blog post comes to you from inside a bus. I'm Ni, and I'm on the way home, bus route 138, from Pettah to maharagama, though I'm getting off this bus in my home town of Nugegoda. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. I'm a bigger person, physically (I'M FAT), and I've found that not too many people like to sit next to me in a bus, because I take up about 2/3 of the seat. There are exceptions, as always, where the person may be my wife, a friend, a relative or well, someone who doesn't mind being seated next to a fat guy in the bus.

Ok, well, that brings me to the point that I've been trying to make. The one thing that fascinates me... Humans of all sizes. You see midgets and giants, normal people and not so normal people, if I'm not going to be ultra-specific about it. I, personally, am of average height, but I'm what you may call wide, or broad-shouldered. There are so many different kinds of people in this bus itself. I have to get off in a short time. Anyway, think about it, and how different, yet how similar you are to everyone else. Got off the bus on time :-)

No comments: